Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hooray for Hot Cereal

I prepared a big batch of hot cereal this morning to be reheated for breakfast the rest of the week. It is my standard oatmeal recipe made with milk and applesauce, cinnamon and vanilla, but I added raisins and a touch of maple syrup. I drizzle it with 1 t. flaxseed oil when I serve it, since flaxseed oil shouldn't be cooked. Delicious, filling, very healthy, and comforting on an upset stomach - it's a winner! I'm glad that I have a few portions now packaged in the fridge for mornings when I can't stand to stand at the stove for 30 minutes stirring. I used the grains from my grain CSA (they're stacking up since I haven't cooked much lately!), home made applesauce, Organic Valley milk from Modesto, and California grown organic Thompson raisins. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I stumbled across your blog while searching for information about pregnancy and Core. I was a dub-dub member prior to becoming pregnant. i got close to goal weight and then all baby broke loose. I'm thrilled, but not with the weight gain.

I think we eat similarly; I'm a CSA member, Weston Price lover, Frankenfood-avoider. And I'm in the Bay Area too.

I would love to hear more about how you are negotiating Core and pregnancy. I will read further, but any information you have come across or figured out would be so helpful. I'm at 25 weeks and dreading gaining more weight than I already have over the next three months.

Very best,
K
kittynitro@gmail.com