Monday, February 4, 2008

Sick again

I haven't posted in a while, mostly because the nausea hasn't let up and I have no interesting recipes to share for the very plain foods that I'm preparing - toast, crackers, noodles, canned pears, yogurt. I lost 6 lb. during my first trimester, but it's almost certainly just because food isn't at all appealing and little is staying down. I'm very nearly to the second trimester, and am now on anti-nausea medication, so I should be eating like a normal person in the near future.

I'm also sick again with bronchitis, an ear infection and eye infection. Jax picked it back up last week and is almost better; I'm on antibiotics and waiting for wellness to invite me back to the party!

So I'm sorry that there's no new information here. I hope to be back to regular blogging (and off the sofa surrounded by spent tissues) very soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Momaste said...

Thanks! Me too!

artsci said...

I had Hyperemesis Gravis during my last pregnancy. My Ob would ask, "How is the eating going," and I would say - pretty good - I had two bites of peach yesterday and one stayed down. I had severe dehydration and wound up in the hospital (which I resisted). Once I was rehydrated, I did feel much better - not great - but soo much better. Make sure you're getting your water in -just a bit at a time- maybe put a spoon of maple syrup in it to help w/ absorption.

Just thinking of the bland food makes me feel queasy. What I finally realized was that very spicy food helped quell my nausea immensely. I know that what helped me may not work for you, but I know what you're going through - I hope that it helps a bit.

I found your blog from Bootcamp Buddies, we share much of the same philosophies on eating. I am thinking of you and sending encouragement your way. Take Care.

artsci