Saturday, December 29, 2007

Resolutions

School is over, the holidays have passed, and it's time for me to get back on track with both my locavore and Core resolutions. I haven't done as poorly as I expected over the holidays, but I certainly haven't been as on track as I need to be. So here is my New Year's resolution for this and every year: I'm going to eat the 8 healthy guidelines every day. I'm going to support local agriculture by buying as much of my food locally grown as possible. And I'm going to blog regularly to keep me accountable!

I have even more important reasons than weight loss to be healthy these days: I'm pregnant! If all goes well, I'm expecting a new addition to our family this summer. My doctor has approved my Core eating plan while I'm pregnant with just two adjustments. I need 3 teaspoons of healthy oil and 3 servings of lowfat, not fat free, dairy per day. Core is such a sensible and healthy guide for eating that my doctor felt it was perfectly safe to continue, and I can lose weight while pregnant so long as everything progresses normally. I cannot continue to Weight Watchers meetings while pregnant (they don't allow it), so it will be me and your comments of encouragement to keep me on track.

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5-9
2. Whole grains
3. Milk - 3 servings a day
4. Healthy oil - 3 teaspoons a day
5. Protein
6. Limit sugar and alcohol
7. Water - 8+ cups
8. (Prenatal) Multivitamin

If you're pregnant, please consult your doctor before considering any weight loss program.

7 comments:

morahamy said...

I check your blog every now and then (got here from bootcamp) and am thrilled to be the first to post my best wishes for you. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, and let me tell you, there's never a dull minute. Enjoy!

Momaste said...

Thank you! I have a 2 year old and already our moments are anything but dull, and I'm thrilled to add to the chaos!

kelly said...

congrats!

Kim said...

Congratulations, and good luck! I'll be rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. My sister was quite a bit over weight when she became pregnant with her first daughter and she started watching what she ate making sure it was helthful and she exercised more having just moved to a farm (well 15 acres)and she ended up weighing the same at her first Dr. appointment as her last -- so you can difinitely continue to lose weight while pregnant -- Lily is now 6 1/2 and helthy and smart! good luck to you and now that I am doing WW -- I will share any great motivation from meetings (I managed to lose over the holidays!! yea)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

hillary said...

I'm just catching up on your blog and read this...wanted to say, "WOOOOHOOOO!" and congratulations. Sorry to hear you've had pregnancy sickness and other sickness. - Hillary