Thursday, September 13, 2007

Confession

I've been really off track this week. I haven't packed lunch for my days at school and babysitting, and have bought junk at the school cafeteria and eaten the kid food I prepare for the boys. I've eaten too much junk food, and it's a slippery slope: when I eat junk, I want more junk. When I eat healthy, whole foods, the cravings all but disappear. And I haven't exercised. At 29.6 lb. gone toward my goal of 31 lb. next week, I feel like I'm sabotaging my own efforts. It's been a lot of work to get so close, and I really WANT to reach the goal, so why am I letting dusty packaged cookies get in the way?

I am back on track this morning but still feeling gross from my week of junk. I'm planning a big cooking day on Monday to make a bunch of meals to freeze so I don't have to cook on busy nights, and then will have lunch to pack from leftovers. Hopefully that will help me to stay on track when everything feels hectic.

Daily Menu

Breakfast
Shredded wheat and milk

Lunch
leftover bean soup, apple

Dinner
big batch of grilled veggies with olive oil, brown rice

4 comments:

Bettina Stern and Suzanne Simon said...

Browsing the Eat Local Challenge, I found your blog. I thought that you might be interested in our website Loulies which has two features: (1) "e-bites" which are sent out , on average, twice a week via email. The are short musings on anything and everything inspired by food and always include a great recipe, must-have tip, menu idea, new ingredient discovered etc. You must sign-up to receive the e-bites. (2) A Cook the Book club for those who want to learn to cook better with us (like a traditional book club, but we cook instead of read - this is how Suzanne and I met over 10 years ago and have learned to cook better with friends - it is really a great concept).

Please go to our website and sign-up to gain a better sense of who we are and how our site works. Everything we have written so far is archived on our home page.

Bettina
http://loulies.com/local_foods

Anonymous said...

Hey Momaste!

Don't be hard on yourself, it is way too difficult to do this 100% of the time. Give yourself the OK to fall off every now and then (last week) and now do exactly like you are, just try to get back on track. You've done a wonderful job (from the blogs that I've read), keep up the good work!

-D

Anonymous said...

I hear you...the race to school and work and taking care of the kids can really turn me to eating for convenience more than anything else. I'm exhausted, pizza?

Getting back on the wagon is hard. I think your cooking day is a wonderful idea...things in the freezer really help. I'm struggling too, and I'm finding some of the things my leader has said especially helpful:

1. You will NEVER give up on satisfying your soul's desire. This week might be a detour, but you'll be back, eventually, because the goals you've set are always going to be real for you.

2. ANCHOR yourself to the vision of the person you really are, the vision that motivated you to change everything else so that person can become real. Find something physical that reminds you of your vision and carry it with you.

3. You used to eat this way all the time,,,was that working for you? No....which takes you back to #1, you'll be back, it's just a question of when.

Hang in there and don't give up.

Momaste said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! It makes such a difference to get that push to get back on track.