Saturday, September 15, 2007

A loss is a loss

I went to my Weight Watchers meeting today and was surprised to be down .2 lb. (29.8 lb. total.) I certainly expected a gain with the out of control eating earlier in the week, and am ready to be back on track to reach the goal of 31 lb. by next Sunday. That last 1.2 lb. to goal is certainly doable this week.

My measurements show a loss of 43.25 inches since June, with over 10 inches gone in the past month and 8.5 inches off my waist since I started! Wow!

I have been 16 weeks on program, a milestone for me. I've never gotten this far, either with length of time or with amount lost! At the meeting, I received a little charm to go on the 10% keychain, which I hope to receive next week (31 lb. is my first 10%.) I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it this long. Even with an off week every now and then, I'm on a consistent downward trend.

The topic this week was exercise, and that has to be a priority for me to lose like I want. Plus, I'd hate to get to my goal and have lots of extra saggy skin, and while age and genetics play a big role in that, exercise and water are supposed to be helpful in avoiding the extra skin. This week, I plan on walking 2 miles a day for 5 days this week, and I'll do The Firm twice.

No comments: