Thursday, October 4, 2007

This blog at 3000 hits!

This blog has had almost exactly 3000 hits since I started it in early June. It has had visitors from around the nation and the globe, including readers in Mexico, Canada, England, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Italy, India, Singapore, Philippines, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand! When I started the blog, I didn't expect it to have much appeal outside of fellow Weight Watchers and a few local eaters, but it seems that there is wider interest in the ideas of eating locally and losing weight.

You guys are finding me from Google searches as varied as "cupcakes" and "bean soup" to "fire trucks" and "Peninsula walks". However you got here, and wherever you're visiting from, I'm so glad you've stopped by. Hopefully you're finding something useful and interesting here. I'm excited to hear from you, too, so continue to post comments or e-mail me. The encouraging words have meant a great deal to me, and more than once I've gone back to read them instead of eating when I really wanted an ice cream sundae!

Thanks for reading and for coming back! Keeping the blog has kept me accountable, and that's been awesome for my continuing weight loss.

(Want to see where fellow readers are coming from? Interested in how many people have visited today? You can click the "sitemeter" button on under archives and check it out. The world map is especially interesting.)

No comments: