Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tomorrow's daily menu: getting back on track

I'm going through an emotionally tumultuous time, in addition to being very busy outside of the house, and I've fallen back to my old standby of food to comfort me. I knew I did poorly last week and skipped a meeting, and this morning I weighed myself. I'm up again, no big surprise. I am not making any more excuses. I am not skipping any more meetings. I am not letting myself regain all the weight I've lost. I just have to push myself to do what I know how to do and let the rest work itself out.

I'm posting tomorrow's daily menu. And then Saturday's. And then Sunday's. I'm just doing it. I can't keep putting it off and hoping that I'll wake up in the mood to be on plan. I can't eat my way out of emotional discomfort.

Daily menu
Breakfast:
Crock pot oatmeal with peaches (oatmeal from Windborne Farm, peaches frozen from Frog's Leap Winery)
2 c. milk (Organic Valley in Modesto)

Lunch:
Lentil-rice soup with kale and leeks (kale and leeks from the Full Belly box)
Sliced tomato salad with olive oil and vinegar

Dinner:
Egg curry (eggs from Glaum)
Bulgur
Carrots and green beans (from Full Belly)

1 comment:

morahamy said...

I came to your blog because I noticed I hadn't seen you at "boot camp" for a while. I don't have any good advice, because I keep gaining and losing the same five pounds, but I find your story inspiring and I love your menus and recipes. In fact, I'm hoping that coming to your blog more often will motivate me to stay op.