Sunday, July 1, 2007

Daily Menu for July 1

Welcome to July! This is the best time of year for fresh, local fruits and veggies, and if you haven't already, head over to your farmer's market and pick up some gorgeous peaches or plums or berries. This week will have quite a few tasty meals with wonderfully fresh local produce. We're also hosting a barbecue on Wednesday, and I'm going in with a plan so I continue to stay on program.

Here's my plan for the week. This is a week of favorite menus, so not much new, but all well received and tasty! Posting it here was convenient for me last week.

Sunday - at barbecue
Monday – Pasta with fresh pesto, white beans, and red peppers
Tuesday – Tofu stirfry, soy-sesame green beans (We have this every week)
Wednesday – Steak, corn on the cob, Mexican coleslaw, watermelon
Thursday – Lentil tacos, leftover corn, coleslaw, watermelon (so good last week that I'm repeating it!)
Friday – Arroz con pollo (I didn't end up making it last week)

***
Daily Menu

Breakfast
Peach

Lunch
about 1/4 of a Smoothie - 1/2 c. yogurt, 1/2 c. milk, 1/2 c. silken tofu from Hodo Soy, 1 1/2 c. frozen fruit (I have blackberries and blueberries in the freezer, frozen in plastic baggies from a few weeks ago), 1 t. flaxseed oil, Stevia sweetener

I didn't end up eating on CORE at the barbecue, but I didn't go way overboard either. I didn't have any cake or beer, so that helped keep the points in check.
Dinner
2 vegetable cheese tamales (8 Points)
about 15 chips with salsa (4 Points)
BIG plate of salad with 1 t. olive oil
corn on the cob, dry
ceviche
strawberries

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 8
WPA points available: 27
Activity points today: 4 (Walk Away the Pounds video)
Activity points this week: 7

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5+
2. Whole grains - bulgur
3. Milk - yes
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

No comments: