Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Daily Menu for July 24

This was a very full (and fun!) weekend, and while I stayed on plan mostly, I didn't track at all. I also had some nachos, beer, and french fries, but even those in moderation - the nachos and french fries both upset my stomach, and I only had one beer.

I scheduled a physical for Friday, something I haven't done in probably 10 years, and I'm hopeful that it will give me more motivation to continue and give me more measurable ways of tracking my progress (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.)

I bought a second-hand pressure cooker with birthday money and it should arrive early next week. I'm so excited about it! Pressure cookers will cook dried beans and grains in a fraction of the time, all but eliminating the need to soak beans overnight and making them an easier everyday dinner. Yay!

***

Rewards

A lot of people who are losing weight set up rewards for themselves once they hit a specific goal, say, a manicure for every 10 lb. or something. I have set aside $10 for every lost pound and when I hit my goal, I'll have enough money to buy a new wardrobe. As my clothes are starting to fit looser after 20 lb., I can see that I'll need some new clothes within the next few months just to have something that doesn't fall off my butt! So that's the reward I've set for myself. Still, even with my pants fitting loosely, I can't see the loss on my own body yet. I think it may be 50 or more pounds before I look in the mirror and think, okay, I am looking slimmer.

***

Daily Menu

Breakfast
Oatmeal
2 c. milk from Clover
1 t. flaxseed oil
cantaloupe from Full Belly Farm - super cute tiny cantaloupe!

Lunch
Green flageolet salad with olive oil dressing
whole wheat couscous
tomato and basil

Dinner
Lentil taco salad
bulgur
green beans

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 0
WPA points available: 20
Activity points today: 4
Activity points this week: 8

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5+
2. Whole grains - oatmeal, whole wheat couscous, brown rice
3. Milk - yes
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes (beans, lentils)
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

No comments: