Thursday, July 5, 2007

Getting back on track; Daily Menu for July 6

I didn't do very well on the 4th of July (although I had a lot of fun celebrating with friends) and today piggy-backed on that less-than-successful day of eating. I didn't plan ahead and ate too much, not paying attention to my satisfaction levels and scarfing down far too many tortilla chips, not meeting any of the 8 healthy guidelines. I didn't write down what I ate and didn't keep track, so I wouldn't be surprised if I see a gain at this week's weigh in. I'm getting back on track with tomorrow's menu plan, posted below. Planning really is the key for me; failing to plan really is planning to fail, and I know that I can't just wing it and stay on program. Even for celebrations and holidays, I have to plan ahead if I expect to see results.

Daily Menu for July 6

Breakfast
Shredded wheat and milk
Banana (organic, not local)

Lunch
Lentils and bulgur
Mexican Coleslaw
Orange
Milk

Dinner
Roasted eggplant and whole wheat pasta with 2 t. olive oil
Green beens

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 0
WPA points available: 0
Activity points today:
Activity points this week:

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5+
2. Whole grains - shredded wheat, bulgur, whole wheat pasta
3. Milk - yes
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

No comments: