Friday, August 24, 2007

Crazy week without a plan leads to eating off plan

I've had a crazy week and haven't been as on-track as usual, and I've been embarassed to come post what I've eaten - too much junk, too many meals out, and just too much. We have eaten out the past four nights - a cousin was visiting, then my mom's birthday, celebrating starting school, all away from my kitchen. And I've not exercised. I just haven't been able to get back on track since our mini-vacation and I feel like I'm sabatoging myself with candy, cake, crackers and bread, all foods I've successfully avoided since starting CORE. It's been a recipe for weight gain, and I found again that not having a plan has been my downfall. I feel like I've gained but haven't weighed myself; I'm anxious about weighing in tomorrow.

So starting today I'm back on track, back to my daily menu, back with no meals out for the next week! And with a plan for meals and exercise tacked up on the fridge, I expect better from myself this week.

So here is the dinner and exercise plan for the week:

Saturday - Grilled kabobs (meat depends on availability at the farmer's market), grilled veggies, couscous, tzatziki, grilled peaches / 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds

Sunday - Monastery lentils, polenta corn cakes, tomato-basil salad (1.5 Points for cheese in lentils) / The Firm

Meatless Monday - Chickpeas, eggplant, spinach, and tahini, brown rice (1 Point for tahini) / 2 mile WATP

Tuesday - Egg curry, green beans, bulgur / gym for weight lifting

Wednesday - Crockpot black bean-barley soup / 2 mile WATP

Thursday - Beef picadillo, baked potato / gym for weight lifting

Friday - Leftovers / The Firm

No comments: