Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Daily menu for August 7

I didn't exercise yesterday, and still ate more WPAs than I would have liked. I did, however, finish three loads of dishes, four loads of laundry, made chicken stock and shredded chicken for casseroles and salads, and kept my toddler from coloring on the walls. (I didn't quite keep him from coloring on himself!) So it was a busy day and by the evening I just didn't have the energy to walk. Today, I'm exercising early so I can't use being too tired as an excuse.

I bought The Firm's Transfirmer kit - a 2-piece step and three DVDS - to have a more intense exercise at home. Walk Away the Pounds has been good for me to get moving, but I'm not feeling particularly challenged by it and am ready to shake things up. I still plan on doing the WATP DVD on rest days from The Firm, so I'm exercising most every day and getting some variety in the workouts.

I tried the first Transfirmer video on Sunday and it kicked my butt! I did 25 minutes of the 45 minute video, always 2 1/2 steps behind, and then collapsed in a sweaty heap on the sofa, stunned by their speed! I'm sure there is a learning curve and I'll get there, too, but for the beginner, it's tough! About 10 minutes in (already huffing and puffing) the video says, "now we're all warmed up!" I practically yelled, "THAT WAS WARM UP?!" and Mr.M laughed heartily at me from the other room.

Breakfast
Kamut puffs (puffed kamut is the only ingredient)
milk
cantaloupe

Lunch
Gigante beans with lemon-caper vinaigrette
Orange
Wheatberries from Full Belly Farm

Dinner
Beef picadillo
brown rice
zucchini
milk

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 0
WPA points available: 12.5
Activity points today: 8 (The Firm video - this time I'm finishing it!)
Activity points this week: 15

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5+
2. Whole grains - Kamut, bulgur,
3. Milk - yes
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes (beans, beef)
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say I really enjoy your blog. The gigantes bean salad sounds deliciousQ