Monday, August 27, 2007

Sick and crabby, but on plan!

I have had a cold for a few days, and it's grown to include phlegm and fever, never especially fun. I ate little yesterday, and my appetite doesn't seem especially close to the surface today. I'm still planning a healthy daily menu for the day and I'll try to have as much of it as my hunger allows. I know I haven't been hitting all of the daily 8's lately and that has to get back in line. I've also avoided exercise, since I've felt pretty miserable, but I'm getting back to that too, adding the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds to the day instead of the planned 2 mile. If I have more energy, I'll do it twice.

***

After nearly a decade out of school, I'm back at community college taking classes. I'm taking 16 units this semester, and will be packing lunches Tuesday and Thursday for school in addition to my current Wednesdays spent nannying. I've revived my Mr.Bento love and am excited to pack fun, healthy lunches to take with me.

***

Meatless Monday Daily Menu

Breakfast

Apricot muesli (yogurt, oatmeal, apricots, applesauce)

Lunch
Lentil soup
quinoa
carrots
milk

Dinner
Chickpeas, eggplant, tahini, and spinach w/1 t. olive oil (1 Point for the tahini)
zucchini with 1 t. olive oil
Brown rice

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 1
WPA points available: 35
Activity points today: 2 (Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile video)
Activity points this week: 2

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5+
2. Whole grains - oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice
3. Milk - yes
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes (lentils, chickpeas)
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

No comments: