Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Getting ready for a mini-vacation

Mr.M and I are going to Napa for the next few days, and in an effort to stay on program, I'm packing us breakfast and lunch. Continental breakfast is included in our room package, but I don't trust myself with pastries and am bringing my own. So while I have no dinner menu set (we're eating out), I have breakfast and lunch plans for the next few days and will be cooking all afternoon to get it all set!

Breakfasts:
Each morning we'll have baked oatmeal and fruit from the continental breakfast

Lunches:
Wednesday - Mediterranean platter: roasted pepper hummus (no tahini), tzatziki, baked falafel, whole wheat pita bread (Points), and lots of fresh veggies for dipping

Thursday - Southwestern black bean and corn salad with quinoa, fresh veggies

Friday - out to lunch

I'm bringing along lots of fresh, cut up veggies and half a gallon of skim milk so I can hit the healthy 8s while I'm gone.

I won't be posting until Saturday, and hopefully will return rested and happy, without any extra pounds!

No comments: