Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Daily Menu for June 27

Tomorrow is babysitting day once again, and I've packed up my day's menu to take along. I ended up making chili and corn bread for dinner tonight so I'd have leftovers to take with me tomorrow, and we'll have the sesame tofu stirfry tomorrow night. After the switch, today's menu ended up at close to 1600 calories, and tomorrow's menu is almost 1400 calories. Adding a few higher density foods, like the corn bread, bumped it up and filled me up, and that seems like a healthy range. I'll continue to check my menus on Fitday.com for a few more days just to be sure my nutritional needs are being met, but I'm happy with what I'm eating and I'm reaching the 8 healthy guidelines and all the RDA for vitamins each day, so something is working.

Breakfast
Shredded wheat
Nonfat milk

Lunch
1.5 c. roasted vegetable chili
1 slice corn bread (CORE ingredients)

Snack
fruit

Dinner
Sesame tofu stirfry with brown rice and Canola oil (1 PT for sesame oil)
Green beans

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 1
WPA points available: 22.5
Activity points today: 4
Activity points this week: 18 (I earned 8 Activity points yesterday)

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5
2. Whole grains - shredded wheat, brown rice
3. Milk - yes
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

2 comments:

kbeeps said...

You have such great menus!

Will you please post your recipe for roasted vegetable chili? That sounds excellent!

Momaste said...

I posted it! The recipe is rather long, but it's worth the effort. Super tasty!