Saturday, June 23, 2007

Weigh in and Daily Menu for June 22

I had my weigh in this morning, and am down another 4.6 lb. for a total loss of 15.6. I'm well on my way to my first goal of 10% (31 lb.) by September 23.

We had a substitute Weight Watchers leader today and I didn't care for her as much as our regular leader. She started the meeting talking about how she'd gained weight recently (really motivating!) When talking about activity, she said she's not exercising. I brought up the Couch to 5k that I started earlier this week (followed by the ice cream truck, haha) and she said, "Well, I can't do that because I can't run."

Another woman talked about how hard she's finding it to avoid ice cream when her kids are taking a nap because she feels like she deserves a reward, and the substitute talked about having smaller portions or just eating Weight Watchers ice cream, ignoring the reason behind the eating and the option of changing the habit to something else nurturing to her, like painting her nails or reading a book or taking a bubble bath, etc. I can see how having a meeting leader that encourages you makes such a difference. My regular meeting leader leaves me motivated and excited about the next week, and today I left a bit annoyed.

I'm off to pick up my friend at the train station, then to the Farmer's Market and back here to clean up our crazy messy dining room. I got the kitchen and bathroom clean yesterday. It will be fantastic to have an organized house for Mr.M to come home to. :)

Daily Menu

Breakfast
Summer muesli (yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, flaxseed oil) - this has become my staple breakfast. It is light, flavorful, and a full serving of dairy, whole grain, fruit, and healthy oil.

Lunch
Egg salad in tomato shells (made with yogurt, veggies and spices)
Peach
Milk

Dinner
Lentil tacos, 2 tortillas, 1 oz. shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato (5)
Mexican cole slaw
Brown rice

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 5
WPA points available: 34
Activity points today: 4
Activity points this week: 4

Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 5
2. Whole grains - oatmeal, brown rice
3. Milk - yes
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

No comments: