Thursday, June 7, 2007

Daily Menu for June 7

Yesterday was my babysitting day, so I was out of the house with three toddlers for 10 hours and I came home exhausted, not wanting to cook. We finished the leftover chili with grilled cheese sandwiches (6 Points) instead of the planned egg curry, so that is carrying over to tonight's meal. I underestimate how tired I am on Wednesday nights (I usually babysit Wednesdays only), and I'm going to have to plan ahead for quick meals so I don't resort to picking up non-plan foods in hungry desperation! Next week, I'm babysitting Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so it will be a week of Crockpot love!

I packed my meals to take with me yesterday and I didn't finish either breakfast or lunch. I was satisfied and didn't feel like I had to clean my plate, and that I didn't eat the leftover peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I fed the kids! This is definitely an improvement - it is so easy to eat the crusts so I don't waste them, but eating them certainly isn't doing my weight loss efforts any favors.


I bought the tofu for today's lunch at the Palo Alto Farmer's Market. There is a gentleman there who makes his own tofu with organic, non-GMO soybeans grown in Missouri. While the soybeans aren't local, he is! The tofu is always fresh and he has samples of tofu jerky and other yummy tofu treats at his stall.

The organic brown rice was bought in bulk at Country Sun, and was grown at Lundberg Family Farms. I'm cooking it in vegetable broth, organic but not local, bought at the Grocery Outlet. They've been carrying a lot of organic foods lately, including some local products like Muir Glen tomatoes and Santa Cruz peanut butter. They also have day-old bakery items from Vital Vittles in Berkeley and Soli's in Burlingame. The bread is so tasty that it's worth counting points for!

Breakfast
leftover Summer Muesli - 1/4 c. steel cut oats, 1 c. fat free plain yogurt, 1 c. cherries, vanilla and almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and 1 t. honey (.5)

Snack
Fruit

Lunch
Marinated Tofu stirfried in canola oil
Brown rice
Bell peppers, carrots, onions, and cabbage
1 t. sesame oil

Dinner
Egg curry
Bulgur
Swiss chard
olive oil
Fat free milk

WPA (Weekly Points Allowance) points used today: 1
WPA points available: 13.5
Activity points today: 4
Activity points this week: 12 (I didn't end up exercising yesterday)
Daily 8 - the 8 Healthy Guidelines
1. Fruits and veggies - 8
2. Whole grains - steel cut oats for breakfast, brown rice for lunch, bulgur for dinner
3. Milk - 2
4. Healthy oil - yes
5. Protein - yes
6. Limit sugar and alcohol - yes
7. Water - 8+
8. Multivitamin - yes

No comments: